Network OWN announces series regular for their upcoming drama series LOVE IS___, from the executive producers Mara Brock Akil & Salim Akil, Akil Productions and Warner Horizon Scripted Television.
Starring by Michele Weaver as the female lead Nuri and Will Catlett as male lead Yasir; Idara Victor, Tyrone Brown, Kadeem Hardison, Lana Young, and Yootha Wong-Loi-Sing are joining the cast for a regular role. It will be a humorous drama about a modern-day power couple balancing successful careers and a beautiful family.
You can read the character description of the cast below:
- Idara Victor (Alita: Battle Angel) has been cast in the series regular role of Angela. A member of the same writing staff as Nuri (series star Michele Weaver), Angela doesn’t always agree with everything Nuri says, mainly because she is a disgruntled drama writer stuck in a comedy she doesn’t believe in. She’s often misunderstood as mad. Professionally, Angela plays it cool. But in private conversation with Nuri, Angela is considerably more warm and relaxed, and she is the good friend that Nuri needs.
- Tyrone Brown (Bull) has been cast in the series regular role of Sean. Sean possesses great taste and has a lot of opinions, but he lacks follow-through. He was the first one to spot Nuri as a catch and uses his best friend, Yasir (series star Will Catlett), as a wingman to meet her — but to no avail. A year later, when he and Yasir cross paths with Nuri again, Sean is in a relationship and has a child with Camille, giving Yasir the opportunity to pursue Nuri.
- Kadeem Hardison (C. Undercover, A Different World) has been cast in the series regular role of Norman. The executive producer of Marvin, Norman is a tough boss who is hard to impress and even harder to amuse. As the play-cousin to the star of the show, he’s under a lot of pressure, and he takes his frustrations out on his room of writers, pressing them all to dig a lot deeper into themselves before they’re all fired and replaced.
- Yootha Wong-Loi-Sing (Nickelodeon’s Hunter Street, Dutch films The Price of Sugar, The Paradise Suite) has been cast in the series regular role of Ruby. Ruby is Yasir’s on-and-off girlfriend; they came to L.A. to chase their dreams, but hers are idling and Yasir’s never got any traction. Worn out, she’s acerbic and moody and fed up that Yasir still does not have a job. She winds up gently set aside when Yasir pairs off (for life) with Nuri.
- Lana Young (Greenleaf) has been cast in the series regular role of Nuri in the year 2027. Nuri is first seen in 2027, in her 50s, relaxed, happy, and comfortable in her life and her 32-year marriage to Yasir.