After an excruciatingly long wait for its return, the Riverdale Season 3 premiere is finally upon us! The episode is titled “Chapter Thirty-Six: Labor Day.”
Judging by the trailer and photos released thus far of the premiere, we can already determine a few things:
- The core four and our main two ships will start this season off strong!
- There’s a trial for that cliff-hanging Season 2 finale of Archie’s arrest.
- Archie’s mom (the lovely Molly Ringwald) returns!
- The rise of Falice has begun!
- There’s a whole lotta creepiness going on with Polly and those adorable twins.
Here’s the official episode synopsis:
Episode synopsis: AND THE VERDICT IS… — As the jury begins deliberations in his murder trial, Archie (KJ Apa) makes a surprising request about how he wants to spend his final days of summer. Betty (Lili Reinhart) is forced to deal with her problems head-on after a heated confrontation with Alice (Madchen Amick) and Polly (guest star Tiera Skovbye) brings up some dark secrets she’s kept hidden. Veronica (Camila Mendes) pleads with Hiram (Mark Consuelos) to step in and help Archie before a verdict is announced. Finally, Jughead (Cole Sprouse) leads the Serpents against the Ghoulies latest attack. Madelaine Petsch, Marisol Nichols, Luke Perry, Ashleigh Murray, Skeet Ulrich, Casey Cott, Charles Melton and Vanessa Morgan also star.
The Season 3 premiere of Riverdale airs October 10th on The CW!