HNS attended the PaleyFest panel for Supernatural at the Dolby Theater where we were treated to the world premiere screening of Scoobynatural, the upcoming animated Supernatural and Scooby-Doo crossover episode. In attendance were Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins, Alexander Calvert, Robert Singer, Andrew Dabb, Eugenie Ross-Leming, and Brad Buckner.
Supernatural fans in attendance at PaleyFest were treated to an advance screening of the crossover episode “ScoobyNatural.” It was revealed that the episode took a year to complete! The episode is directed by Robert Singer and written by the team of Jim Krieg and Jeremy Adams, who are writers for Scooby Doo. Judging from the many laughs in the audience and the overall reaction, I think it’s safe to say that this episode will definitely be a fan favorite.
The last time Supernatural attended PaleyFest was in 2011, and finally after 7 years the cast returned to discuss what’s coming up for Sam and Dean Winchester and to reflect on the past 13 years.
Some of the highlights of the panel include:
- The alternate universe storyline is one that the writers have had on their mind for a while.
- Alexander Calvert (Jack) joked that his first day was “traumatizing”.
- The audience erupting in screams when the guys were asked which brother gave better advice. It was a tie.
- When asked what famous haunted locations the guys would like to film, Jared said the Winchester Mystery House and Stanley Hotel. As for Jensen? “Maui.”
- While it wasn’t confirmed, there were definitely hints that a Season 14 would be certain as there are stories yet to be told.
Supernatural airs Thursdays at 8/7c on The CW.